1. Showering isn't really that much of a necessity
At some point, you stop worrying so much about “getting dirty” and feel… free.
2. You've told your backpacking partners stories that you'd never admit to in the frontcountry
Long hours on the trail lead to dishing intimate secrets and tales you’d never admit to otherwise.
3. Dehydrated food can actually be quite delicious
Really, anything tastes good on the trail. In fact, some of the most delicious meals in the world are made in a single pot over a small stove.
4. The most stressful part of your day is deciding where and when to poop
This is legit the worst part of backcountry camping.
5. You always have a lighter and knife stashed in your pockets, just in case
You may be so used to carrying your survival essentials that you tend to forget about them… and the TSA has confiscated them several times.
6. Your idea of "luxury goods" is a jacket from Arc'Teryx
Maybe one day… 💭💰
7. You have a love-hate relationship with your hiking shoes
As much as you need them, you can’t wait to rip them off at the end of a long day.
8. Your kitchen cabinets are filled with more nalgenes than regular drinking glasses
Honestly, why even bother with glassware. You know you can run these over with a car, right?
9. The buzzing sound of a swarm of mosquitoes strikes fear into your heart
😱 🚫 ⚠️
10. You only need an inch of foam and a patch of dirt for a comfy night's sleep
Tempurpedics are overrated.
11. It's all about the journey AND the destination
Getting to camp is half the fun.
12. Blisters are temporary, but the memories you make in the woods last a lifetime